I have personally tried this Catfish recipe and I can attest it is Delicious!
- 6 (4 to 6 Ounce) Catfish Fillets
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 Tbs. Seasoned Salt
- 2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Place the Catfish Fillets in a single layer on a shallow dish and cover with milk
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator, covered, for one hour
- Combine Cornmeal, Seasoned Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder in a shallow dish
- Remove Catfish Fillets from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for ten minutes
- Remove Fillets from Milk, allowing the excess Milk to drip off
- Sprinkle Fillets evenly with 1 Tsp. Salt
- Dredge Catfish Fillets in Cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess
- Pour Vegetable Oil into a large skillet, to a depth of about 1 1/2″, and heat to 350°.
- Fry Fillets, in batches, about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown
- Drain on wire racks over paper towels
Enjoy this great Catfish Recipe!